Some travelers know every nonstop destination from Northwest Arkansas National Airport by heart, but they are less likely to know when airlines stop and then restart the seasonal routes.
There also can be major changes to the frequency of flights as airlines ramp up their schedules to certain destinations to garner the attention of travelers.
This is your guide for how those seasonal routes and increases in frequency to places like Las Vegas and Miami are taking shape in 2022. Information about other known changes to the XNA flight schedule is included, too, and it’s not all happy news.
Two seasonal routes being sold by Allegiant Air are about to take off after being paused for the winter.
Its Nashville flights, which Allegiant first offered from XNA in 2019, restart March 3. They’ll head to the Music City every Thursday and Sunday through at least Nov. 13. That’s as far out as Allegiant’s online schedule goes.
The other returnee is the nonstop to Destin which is back on the Allegiant schedule starting April 22. The flights to the Florida Panhandle city were first offered in 2018.
Those Destin flights will occur twice a week initially, but they are scheduled to take off six days a week from May 16 to Aug. 15, allowing the airline to take full advantage of the summer travel season. June and July are traditionally XNA’s biggest travel months.
The flights to Destin will continue into November, but they’ll return to twice a week in mid-August.
The other big change to the XNA schedule comes from American Airlines. Its nonstop flights to Miami, which occur on a Saturday-only basis right now, become daily on April 6. Google Flights shows the daily flight will continue through mid-August. American’s first trips from XNA to Miami started in April 2007, but they were discontinued in June 2008. The route was restarted by American in December 2019.
Other changes to the XNA schedule include:
- Allegiant and Frontier both fly twice a week to Las Vegas, using different days and giving Northwest Arkansas passengers nonstop flights on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. That will increase on May 29 because Allegiant will be flying to the city four times a week (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). It’ll return to twice a week after Aug. 4.
- Breeze Airways is improving its flights from XNA to Tampa by using better planes with first-class seats. The Airbus A220 and its 36 first-class seats goes into service on that route on May 6.
- Allegiant’s schedule shows its twice-a-week flight to Houston Hobby ends Aug. 15. It’s likely to be a seasonal pause as the airline has given no indication that its Houston flights will go away entirely.
- Frontier’s schedule shows a nonstop flight to Orlando on March 4, but that nonstop doesn’t show up on the airline’s schedule again April 29. The twice-a-week flight to Orlando started Nov. 1.
- Allegiant’s twice-a-week flights from XNA to the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport make their seasonal pause after May 15. Allegiant’s schedule shows it returns Oct. 5. The seasonal flights to Phoenix-Mesa started in 2019.